Sport Premium for Primary Schools
The school receives two payments across the financial year
- 7/12 of funding allocation on 30 October 2020
- 5/12 of funding allocation on 30 April 2021
In the financial year 2020-21 the school will receive £17,640
Q.How must the PE and sport premium be used.
A. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of physical education (PE), physical activity and sport they offer.
This means that schools should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport activities that the school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
At Newton Bluecoat School we achieve this by;
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE.
- Running sporting competitions/tournaments or increasing participation in school games –
- Buying high quality assured professional development materials for PE/Sport
- Providing an outstanding range of extra curricular sporting activities for our pupils
- Encouraging a lifelong interest in sport by encouraging all pupils to take part in a variety of activities and offering competitive opportunities to the highest (county) inter school levels.
- In addition to building capacity in staff in leading school sport the school is developing high quality sporting infrastructure in school including a caged ball court and a quarter mile, all weather, track around the perimeter of the school to benefit pupils in future years.